Shop for all items HERE
Wondering what black fashion addiction is? Then answer the following questions. Are you almost always drawn to black clothing when out shopping? Would you only consider wearing clothes that are black or close to black such as navy or ash even though you have a sprinkling of bright happy colors? Do you own more than your share of the forgivable number of black pieces in your wardrobe? Then you are most certainly suffering from Black Fashion Addiction.
Being an unrepentant black fashion addiction sufferer myself, I have learnt that I am hard-wired to choose darker colors over lighter ones which many therapists might argue to stem from a much deeper issue of control or unhappiness (totally disagree!), here are some solutions to not looking not as intimidatingly black as usual. Related Article: 7 Cost Effective Ways to Looking Fabulous
1. Choose lighter colored shoes such as nudes, browns, animal prints and metallics. This way, you minimize the mournful look without losing your mind and identity.
2. Accessorize with metallic colors such as gold and silver to make your outfit pop.
3. White is your best friend. You can never go wrong with the black and white combo, right?
4. Stick to lighter make up for the eyes ( stay away from raccoon eyes). Add a pop of color such as reds or pinks to lips to make a statement.
5. Getting a lighter shade manicure is always a good idea. Too scared to push your color boundaries? Go for pastel color shades of muted pinks, purples, golds, and blues/greens.
The above steps are given to help manage but not totally eliminate your black addiction as we all need a little black in our lives, don’t we?
Are you a black fashion addict? Please share your thoughts.
We are to glad to announce
a special Christmas $100 Gift Card giveaway from one
of our sponsors JOLLYCHIC an online
fashion store that retails trendy
women’s wear and accessories and you could be the lucky one to be
selected. JOLLYCHIC.COM FASHION
HOW TO ENTER: Register on Jollychic.com HERE
Like Jollychic on Facebook HERE
It’s as easy as that. A lucky reader will be selected as the
giveaway winner. You can increase your chances of being selected by
liking LOS Beauty on Facebook Here
or Following LOS beauty on twitter Here and hash-tag #jollylosgiveaway.
giveaway ends on January 2, 2014 and a winner will be randomly selected by the
- Only subscribers to this
website via email and Facebook are eligible to be selected. Please
subscribe if you want to be a part of this giveaway.
- This giveaway is open to readers all over the
- The $100 Gift Card covers fashion items
worth its value inclusive of shipping and cannot be traded in for
The activist and first black president of South Africa, Nelson Mandela was a man who spent his life on dismantling the legacy of apartheid through tackling institutionalized racism, poverty and inequality, and fostering racial reconciliation in South Africa. He was recognized to be one of the greatest leaders not only in Africa but the world and will be known forever as the man who sacrificed 27 years of his life fighting for the freedom of his people. Related Article: Breaking: Nelson Mandela RIP (1918-2013)
Mandela’s fashion choices were quite unique, consisting mainly of beautifully tailored long-sleeved Print shirts and native African wear, staying true to his roots.
Here are some Mandela inspired looks:
Nelson Mandela will always be remembered as a ‘Style Icon’ in our books.
I have introduced a new category to my blog titled ‘Style Icons’ and this will be dedicated to all the notable and upcoming trend setters in the fashion industry.
What better way to kick off this new category than spotlighting our very own Victoria Beckham aka Posh aka I can make anything look good even if it’s a sack?!
Victoria Beckham is a Fashion Designer/ Musician/ Model best known for her ‘minimalist-ic chic’ style which features clean tailored lines and understated designs.
Her color palette features toned down versions of colors, blacks and nudes that make them quite wearable both on and off the runway and which also reflect in her personal style choices.
According to Victoria, a pair of sky-high heels, designer purse and (don’t forget) sunglasses is a sure way to bring any basic outfit to life. (And boy! is she right?)
ICONIC LOOKS FROM VICTORIA BECKHAM
Victoria started her own line which debuted in the New York Fashion Week of 2008 and since then, several celebrities which include Blake Lively, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria, Jessica Simpson etc to name a few, have spotted wearing some of her dresses.
VICTORIA BECKHAM: THE DESIGNER
I particularly love Victoria Beckham’s style because it seems effortless but well put together.
Many find it quite difficult to understand Victoria’s style as they believe her fashion choices to be rather over-refined, often to the point of simplicity, regardless, she is one style icon we will remember for years to come.
- David And Victoria Beckham Donate Bags Of Clothes To Chelsea Charity Shop (contactmusic.com)
- When did Victoria Beckham turn into such a massive fashion bore? (style.uk.msn.com)
- Victoria Beckham’s Fashion Empire Just Got Even Bigger… (marieclaire.co.uk)
I have often wondered who the better designer is when it comes to creating luxury shoes, and today, I will be narrowing that argument down to the two most influential shoe makers in the fashion industry today; Manolo Blahnik and Christian Louboutin.
I have selected the best designs (in my opinion) off the internet to compare both designers.
I really admire the originality and thought put into creating these shoes and with comfort an essential part of the design, it works for regular women who want to look stylish yet comfortable.
The only down-side to this shoe line is that some of the designs come off looking somewhat clownish like what to be worn at a circus or fair or something of that sort.
Here are some of the best looks from Blahnik:
Christian Louboutin shoes have been greatly popularized by celebrities in Hollywood with notable names such as Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Nicole Kidman etc been seen wearing some of his designs. Louboutin shoes (trademarked red sole shoes) is coveted by everyone from nurses to housewifes wanting at least a pair (the hype is about something, right?!).
I particularly love the edgy-ness and craftsmanship in creating these shoes which feature spiked and stiletto finishing in some cases.
For me, Louboutin shoes aren’t the most artistic or original shoes as I feel like a lot of designs are repeated in new collections.
Here are some of the best looks from Louboutin:
So which is your pick? Blahnik’s or Louboutin’s?
P.S. Assuming money is not an issue, I suggest you rock both designers (Lol.)
Till next time,
stay organically beautiful.
- Christian Louboutin’s baroque Fall 2013 lookbook (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- Friday Favorites: Christian Louboutin Fall/Winter 2013 (fashionisallthat.wordpress.com)
- Sarah Jessica Parker meets Manolo Blahnik (mysecretfashionpoison.wordpress.com)
- Manolo Blahnik and Jewelry – What Else Could a Girl Want? (ritani.com)
- Manolo Blahnik Spring Summer 2014 (talktomyshoes.wordpress.com)
- Made-to-Order Manolo Blahniks (oceandrive.com)
- Wish List: Manolo Blahnik’s Silver, Pointed Flat (nymag.com)