White is the new ‘IT’ color and in case you hadn’t noticed, this crisp trend is heating up fashionistas closets with wardrobe staple pieces such as Jackets, shirts and the newest addition to the must -have list; The LWD (Who needs a LBD when you have you can have a Little White Dress this season?)
OUR GUIDE TO WEARING WHITE
Wondering how to rock the white trend? Here are some tips.
1. GO MATCHY MATCHY: Always choose matching white shades in separates if you intend to wear them at the same time.
2. UNDERGARMENT RULE: Always wear appropriate neutral colored undergarments in nude or beige when wearing white pieces to ensure that they don’t show through clothing.
3. GO BOLD WITH ACCESSORIES: Want to look fashionable wearing all white? Using accessories in bold colors is a great way to draw anyone’s attention. Suggested colors this season include: Blue, Violet, Sand, Cayenne, and Oranges. Read more about the 2014 Spring/summer colors
4. THE PERFECT FIGURE: Don’t wear all white if you want to appear slimmer. Wearing a Little white dress and want your waist to appear smaller? Try adding a black (colored) belt around your natural waist which draws the eyes in and gives you the illusion of a perfect hourglass figure.
5. NO WEDDING DISASTER: Even though white is in season, never ever wear white to a wedding (yes, even if it is a pant suit) as you don’t want to appear like you are trying to upstage the bride.
6. SHOE GAME: White Shoes are not the easiest to wear as they can make feet appear larger. Tip: Stick to pointies and sandals. Avoid white wedges as they will make legs and feet appear chunkier.
Still finding it difficult to find the perfect white shoe, opt for colors in metallic or nudes that give a cohesive look.
7.WHITE SUBSTITUTES: Not too thrilled about white? Try colors in the off-white family such as ivory, eggshell or oyster.
The elegance and sophistication derived from donning white pieces can never be underestimated and though this white may not be your first choice of color when it comes to outfit selection, it is certainly worth the risk.
Do you have any special tips to wearing white? Please share.