We have all heard the mantra of Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise repeated so many times as the secret to beautiful, ageless skin and though we might be getting a little tired of it, here is why we should never skip any of these three skincare steps.
Cleansing rids the skin of dirt and debris that may have accumulated on the skin over the course of the day.
Toning is an advanced method of cleansing which removes extra traces of dirt and left over make up that wasn’t removed with the cleanser and also helps in tightening up facial pores.
Moisturizing is a great way to balancing moisture lost by carrying out the two steps above.
Here is a Youtube Video of the beautiful Nigerian make up artist, beauty therapist and owner of the SACRED BEAUTY website, Lola Maja-Okojevoh discussing her cleansing routine to clear, youthful skin.
Quick Tips From Video:
1. Do not sleep with make up.
2. Embrace the two-step cleansing routine. Use a facial wipe before washing with cleanser.
3. Do not skip the Toner.
4. Warm up exfoliating product with palms before applying on face for deeper penetration.
PRODUCTS USED IN THE VIDEO
1. Johnson’s Baby Wipes (Extra Sensitive).
2. Angel Minaro Rooibos and White Tea Cleanser.
3. Foreo Luna (Mini) Deep Silicone Cleanser.
1. Angel Minaro Honeysuckle and Rooibos Facial Toner.
1. Angel Minaro Acai and Goji Berry Antioxidant Face Creme.
2. Angel Minaro Acai and Honey Microdermabrasion Creme.
WATCH VIDEO HERE:
STEPS TO CREATING THIS LOOK:
1. Carli applies eye shadow base to prime eyelids (used in video-Persuade Eye shadow base).
2. Apply MAC pigment eye shadow in the Melon to the center part of eyelid in a stippling motion. She also applies a Cranberry Colored eye shadow from her BH Cosmetics palette, to the inner and outer corners of her eyelid, creating a seamless blend with the already applied Melon eye-shadow from MAC. She then applies a darker accent color to the outer “V” of her eye to make her eyes pop. Blend Blend Blend!
3. Carli then highlights her brows with a highlighting powder in color Chase (used in video-Sigma Highlighting Powder).
4. She carefully applies gel eyeliner from BH Cosmetics to her upper lash line and adds a darker accent color to the outer “V” of her eyes to add some darkness (used in video- Control by Sigma).
5. She also applies the Melon eye shadow to the center of her bottom lash line and Cranberry to her inner and outer corners.
6. She applies Doll Me Up lashes from Velour and finishes off with L’Oreal Telescopic mascara on her upper and lower lashes, and lines her inner lower lash line with Maybelline eye pencil in Black.
7. To line lips, she uses a neutral colored lip liner from Motives Cosmetics in Nude and fills in her lips with Pure Zen from MAC and follows it with a duo stick from Covergirl just at the center of her lips to give it a bronzy glow. She then highlights her cupids bow with the same Melon pigment from MAC.
8. She finishes off with blush special edition from Nars and bronzer from Estee Lauder.
NB: Please note that all the products used in creating the Spring Sunrise inspired look do not need to be the same used in tutorial video. Similar shades can be substituted to achieve the same look.
For more info on products used in creating this look, visit HERE