It’s crazy how a person’s life could spiral out of control if their work-life (for me work-school-life) balance isn’t mastered. Living in a busy, hectic city doubles the stress levels. At the end of the day, one needs to take a step back and re-evaluate their exixtence.
Are you living or existing or just subsisting?
This may sound like a cliché question, but as banal as it may sound, it requires us to think deeply about our lives.
How does one self-actualize inbetween a sea of maddening activities? To be honest, there is no real answer to this question. I do hope though that some of the ideas shared below will help.
1. Have the presence of mind to live in the present. Do not get bogged down with worry about things in the past or issues that may arise in the future. This doesn’t do anything but affect your present. It’s easier said than done, I know, but it takes practice, and it works.
2. Trade-off on a bigger home or apartment in a densely populated area for a smaller one in a nicer neigbourhood, possibly closer to work. Living in a nice area costs money, but well worth it.
3. Work-out at least 3 times a week. This may seem counter intuitive, but it works.
4. Detox from life. Take at least one hour every week day out for yourself. Also, a day every weekend to get you act together.
5. Visit the spa at least every three months. Great massages and facials work wonders every time.
6. Invest a little extra in handy tech gadgets such as the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus or the Galaxy Tab range. Totally worth it. Bonus tip: Always have Wi-Fi, even when you want to unwind. Yes, watching Youtube videos on skincare, haircare and exercise can be very relaxing.
7. Binge watch your favourite TV shows (current episodes and re-runs). I am loving Grown-ish, Peaky Blinders and Better Call Saul. What are your current faves?
8. Remove yourself from negative environments that make you worse off. There may not always be an opportunity to do this, but always choose this option when you can.
9. Laugh at yourself and with yourself. You are allowed to tell a joke in your head, and laugh out loud.
10.Trust your gut instinct, but remain level-headed enough to think clearly. There is always a way out of a bad place, you just need to find it and fight through.
11. Stay away from irrelevant things and toxic people. These exist.
12. Eat healthy. Life gets infinitely better when you know that there is so much good food out here in the world, to taste.
13. Prioritize sleep. Trust me, this is everything.
Do you have any ideas to add? Please share.