Just because you bust a sweat in the gym doesn’t mean you have to look like it when you leave. Today’s women is a multi-tasker and has plenty to do as she runs the world. A black woman (with kinks and curls) may need a few extra items. Let’s explore some of the beauty essentials that she should include in her gym bag.
1. Clean Gym Towel: Although it won’t protect you from all the gym cooties, do yourself and others a favor and wipe off the machines when you’re finished. The gym is swarming with bacteria. And please don’t use that same towel to shower or wipe your face with. Just bring an extra towel.
2. Blotting Papers: Do you ever find yourself post workout, post shower to continuously sweat? Keep a pack of blotting papers in your bag to absorb the extra oil and sweat.
3. Facial/Beauty Oil: Forgot your moisturizer? Facial oil. Don’t have a curl cream with you? Facial oil. Are your lips chapped? Facial oil. You get the point…
4. Sunscreen SPF 30: If your are a daytime gym junkie then please, please, please, don’t leave home without sunscreen. It’s important to reapply 15 minutes prior to sun exposure and every 2 hours thereafter. After a sweaty gym session, chances are it’s melted off your face and body.
5. BB Cream: A must have addition in my gym bag. Why you ask? It’s simple, after running two miles or lifting major weight even my brown skin tone gets red and blotchy after. BB Cream evens out my complexion, primes, hydrates, and protect with SPF. Try Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35, which offers a nice range of shades for darker skin tones.
6. Facial Wipes: Clean and soothe your skin with these facial wipes. Try Yes to Cucumbers On The Go Facial Towelettes.
7. Curl Control: A curly girl must if you need to wash your hair at the gym. Don’t forget the conditioner and coconut oil! Related Article: Coconut Oil, Your Everyday Secret Weapon.
Do you have any other beauty essentials you use during a work-out? We would love for you to share.