Castor oil, a thick, sticky often colorless substance derived from beans from the Castor plant when combined with other products is used in the manufacture of soaps, waxes, lubricants, perfumes and cosmetics.
Castor oil used in it’s purest form is very effective when it comes to skin care and hair care as it contains high levels of Vitamin E and Fatty acids.
What many beauty addicts do not know about using castor oil in it’s purest form is that it has the ability to grow out bald patches of hair on temples, scalp and even eyebrows, thicken hair and many curly haired women swear by it’s conditioning properties.
Here are some hair care benefits of using Castor oil:
1. Castor oil is one of the best remedies for promoting hair growth as it contains Omega 6 fatty acids.
2. The use of Castor oil helps to thicken eyebrows and promote eyelash growth as the oil keeps the hairs on these parts of your body from breaking.
3. Castor oil contains anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that help treat hair and scalp infections such as itchy scalp and dandruff.
4. The humectant properties of Castor oil aid in hair darkening and can be used with other natural products to cover up greying.
5. The use of Castor oil helps to curb frizziness, control split ends, add moisture and shine especially to curly, coily and kinky hair types.
6. Other numerous health and skin benefits of Castor oil. Read: 16 Amazing Benefits of Castor Oil for Skin, Hair and Health.
Is all Castor Oil good?
There are no bad Castor Oils, however, research has shown that Jamaican Black Castor oil when used naturally for beauty purposes is more effective than clear Castor oil usually seen in pharmacies.
The Jamaican black Castor oil is believed to be more beneficial than clear Castor oil due to it’s special production process involving roasting of the Castor beans which in turn increases ash content.
Scientifically, the increased ash content, the increased potency of the oil in beauty.
HOW TO USE CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR
** Youtuber Faradhukai shows us how to use pharmacy bought Castor Oil to grow out longer eyelashes and achieve fuller brows naturally
1. To Grow Out Hair:
Apply small amounts of Castor oil, preferably Jamaican Black Castor Oil into bald spots on temples, scalp eyebrows nightly.
2. As a Deep Conditioner:
-Once a week, use Jamaican Black Castor oil as a hot oil/conditioning treatment by applying a generous amount to hair and scalp.
– Cover hair with a plastic cap and go under the dryer for 15 to 30 minutes (Without dryer-1 hour.)
-Rinse and style as normal.
Exclusive Tip For Curly Heads
For less frizz and shiny curls, combine castor oil with eggs, honey and coconut oil (or any other natural conditioning ingredient.)
Results should be seen within two weeks after original date of usage.
Do you have any special Castor oil beauty tips? We would love to hear them.