As we grow older, our bodies start to show signs of aging. One of the first parts of our bodies to show these signs are our hands (and necks of course), which is why it is absolutely important to practice effective hand and skin care regimens. Unfortunately, however, we remember the skin care part but do not take hand care too seriously (wrong!).
It is absolutely important to care for our hands as great looking hands and nails not only look beautiful but also gives the impression of youthfulness.
Wondering what steps to take to keep your hands looking amazing for decades? Here are 9 steps.
1. EXFOLIATE: Exfoliate palms and hands with a scrub that contains alpha-hydroxy acids which boost cell turn over and brighten the skin of the hands.
2. MOISTURISE: Moisturise hands morning and night with a great hand and nail cream.
3. SEAL IN MOISTURE: Use an oil such as Argan, Coconut, Olive etc after washing hands to seal in moisture through out the day.
4. PROFESSIONAL MANICURES: Get a manicure. Our advice; slow down on nail extensions a these may cause nails to become brittle and tired if done too frequently.
5. LOVE NEUTRALS: Embrace neutrals, nudes and lighter colors when it comes nail polish.
6. HEALTHY MEALS: Eat healthy meals. Diet should include fruits and veggies as well as biotin rich foods such as oats, walnuts, green peas, soya beans etc.
7. PROTECT NAILS: Do not use your nails as tools for picking food out of your teeth, or cleaning your ears.
8. DOMINICAN NAIL CARE SECRET: Embrace the Dominican secret to healthier nails by rubbing garlic on nails twice daily. Not too thrilled about this? Dice up a clove of garlic and add to your favorite nail hardener. You will experience amazing results in a matter of days. Related Article: Why You Should Try The Garlic Nail Strengthener
9. WATER: Drink at least 8 glasses of water to prevent hands from getting dehydrated.
10. DRY HANDS: For extremely dry hands, apply a very good moisturizing lotion to palms then wear gloves (to trap in the moisture as you sleep) before bed. You’ll wake up with softer, smoother, more moisturized hands.
Do you have any hand/nail care secrets or products that have worked for you? Please share.