Lipstick over lipgloss any day of the week and today is no different *woohoo*. I will be reviewing the triple core lipstick from Oriflame in Striking Plum which was part of the items I received at the Beauty Bloggers Meet up with Oriflame. Read Here in case you missed it.
The light stainless steel packaging of the lipstick is beautifully designed and after opening, a colour swatch matching the color of the lipstick is seen on the outer rim of the lipstick.
Looking into the lipstick, it is made up of three layers of matte lipstick, gloss and balm. Yep! All three of these are contained inside the Triple Core Lipstick from Oriflame.
On application, I found the texture to be smooth and slightly glossy (lip balm like not lip gloss like) and certainly not matte which I would have preferred.
1. The packaging of this lipstick is one of the more aesthetically pleasing packages when it comes to lipsticks.
2. The color swatch shown on the rim of the lipstick is exactly what you get after application.
3. The ‘triple core technology’ is one of the more advanced ones in lipstick engineering and it doesn’t hurt to have a lipstick, glitter gloss and balm rolled into one.
4. Plus this cuts your make up time as you don’t have to apply lip balm before you apply this lipstick.
5. Perfectly suited for much darker skin.
1. Lighter skin tones might find it sort of a problem to pull off this Striking Plum Shade. On application, I found out that this shade washed me out.
My recommendation: if you are white, olive skinned or lighter shades of bronze/caramel, especially with warm undertones stay away from this particular shade. However, if your skin is brown or darker, blessed with cool undertones, you can pull off this shade to perfection.
2. Not thrilled about the addition of the gloss and lip balm to the lipstick as it made it lose some intensity. For ladies that prefer matte lipsticks, this is not the way to go.
3. The wear time for this lipstick is about 3hours. You will have to keep reapplying lipstick throughout the day for a more intense color.
Packaging: 8.5 out of 10
Wearability: 5 out of 10
Innovation: 9 out of 10
Color Match: 9 out of 10
Intensity: 6 out of 10
Total Score for Oriflame Triple Core Lipstick in Striking Plum: 7.5 out of 10.
Would you be trying this lipstick anytime soon? Please leave a comment below.