Ever wondered if you were wearing the right sunglasses for your face shape? Here is our guide to help you in future selections.
1. Oval Shaped Face: usually considered the ideal face shape. This shape is characterized by a balanced forehead, high cheekbones and tapered jaw close to forehead width (think Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Beyonce). Lucky for Oval faced women, any shape works on them.
Our preference: softly angular frames to play up your features.
2. Oblong/ Long Shaped Face: characterized by narrow chin and cheeks with length almost two times width (think Sarah Jessica Parker, Liv Tyler, Kim Kardashian).
Best sunglasses for this face shape: oversized , wrap.
3. Heart Shaped Face: often considered the most feminine of all face shapes. This shape is characterized by a wide forehead narrow chin. (think Reese Witherspoon, Victoria Beckham, Mariah Carey). A variation of this shape is the Diamond face shape, which possesses the above qualities of the heart shape with high, prominent cheek bones ( think scarlett johansson, Rihanna).
Best Sunglasses for this face shape: Cat’s-eye/ round.
4. Square Shaped Face: characterized by a broad forehead, square jawline and often sharp, defined cheek bones (think Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston, Olivia Wilde).
Best Sunglasses for this face shape: Round, oval, cat’s-eye.
5. Round Shaped Face: characterized by cheeks, a narrow forehead and jaw. Length and width of this face shape are almost equal ( think Ginnifer Goodwin, Kirsten Dunst, Drew Barrymore).
Best Sunglasses for this Face shape: Wide, rectangular frames.