A lot of us ( yep, including me, sadly) suffer from the burden of having to go to work leaving little or no personal time for leisure. Here are some tips from my guest author Sade Adebayo, a brilliant and creative freelance editor on how to look and feel your best even with a busy schedule.
Majority of us lead lives of exhaustion, stress, and unfitness. But this is no surprise, given the fact that much our time, about forty to fifty hours per week, which means we spend about half of our day working. Such a routine, with no proper healthy lifestyle measures put in place, will set us for some unwanted and serious health problems.
Clearly, when your work environment is overly scheduled and hectic, finding a time to stay fit and healthy is bound to be a challenge. However, if you take your health and fitness goals serious enough, then with a little optimism and commitment, you can manage to combine work and health together to effectively run a healthy way of living. So take a look at the simple tips below to help you meet and keep up a healthy balance on both your personal and professional lifestyle.
Going cycling doesn’t have to be a recreational activity and something you do when the weekend shows up. You can actually make it part of your daily routine. Therefore, instead of traditionally going to work by either bus or car, a great way to save money, care for the environment and stay healthy and fit is to go to work by bicycle. Whether it’s your old bike which hasn’t been used for years or a second-hand one bought from a friend, store or even on a classifieds site, this is one of the best ways to start your healthy lifestyle at work.
- WALKINGWhenever convenient, take a walk. Beyond clearing your mind, walking will help you feel revived and super-energized. Thus, during the day, go for the stairs instead of the elevator, and take a 10 minute walk to grab your lunch, than simply going to the café across the street. If your lunch break is about an hour-long, consider taking a small 15 minute walk after lunch to also benefit food digestion.
- GROUP WORK-OUTS
When you have people around, then exercising can even be a much more enjoyable and motivating activity. So team up with like-minded people at work, schedule a day each week and do work-outs after work. Besides helping you get fit and healthy, doing so, will be a fun and engaging way to better connect with your colleagues outside the office, increase team morale and diminish your chances of pulling out. Another great idea is to start a volleyball, basketball or soccer team with your colleagues and maybe compete with other teams in either other departments or even other companies!
- EATING RIGHT
Did you know what eating the right foods can not only keep you fit and healthy but will also improve your productivity? Eating heavy meals during work hours will make you feel sleepy and hence making you more distracting than light and healthy lunches. If you’re thinking that many times it’s not up to you but the office cafeteria’s menu then think again and cook your own meals at home. Whether it’s a cold winter or a hot summer there are plenty of delicious ideas to cook in your home kitchen that will make you not only healthier but wealthier: think of all the weekly money you spend in eating out! Also remember to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated as this will prevent fatigue.
- IMPROVED POSTURE
A good posture, as well as key health part, will help you prevent many possible injuries in the long run. However, desk-bound jobs can cause postural problems, as neck and shoulder strain is caused from seating in front of the computer for long hours. Therefore, when you are sitting at your desk next time, make sure to avoid slouching by focusing highly on your posture and core.
So make sure to put these tips into practice, and see how much of an impact they can have on your overall health.
- How To Ensure That Your Workplace Is Happy & Safe (asktheyoungprofessional.com)
- Top 5 – Tips for the perfect working lunch (reed.co.uk)
- 7 tips to begin a healthy lifestyle (vihealthyhome.wordpress.com)
- Tips For Men On How To Stay In Shape Despite An Active Lifestyle (genuineselfhelp.com)
- Super-foods for a healthy lifestyle (asianheartinstitute.wordpress.com)
- Finding the time to live a healthy lifestyle in and around long work hours (prspotblog.wordpress.com)