What is Foundation MAKE UP?
Foundation is usually the first layer of make up applied to the face to even out discolorations, and hide minor complexion imperfections. Foundation is not concealer! This is a point that needs to be remembered by many women that layer on a lot of foundation in the hope of hiding a scar or acne. A lighter shade of foundation, however, can be used to hide dark under eye circles and can also act as an eye primer if out of primer or concealer.
How to select Foundation
To be honest, I am not a fan of foundation in creating personal looks for myself as I prefer the fresh faced look. However, when I am working with clients, I tend to combine two-three foundation shades to create near-perfect skin without the face losing it’s natural dimension because no woman is one shade especially here in the tropics where they are constantly exposed to sunlight and tanning.
Darker skinned women (Olive-Bronze) tend to have combination skin i.e. skin drier at the outer perimeters of the face and oilier at the ‘T’ zone so always stick to Liquid or Cream foundations and set with sheer/translucent powder. Mineralized powder foundations will do nothing for you.
That being said, here are my top 5 foundation picks for darker skin tones.
5. Black Opal (True Color Liquid Foundation, Even True Flawless Skin Foundation, Total Coverage Concealing foundation)
3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Definition Make up Foundation
2. Mac Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15
1. Make up Forever HD Invisible cover foundation.
Before I round up, here is a QUICK TIP in preventing one of the worst foundation blunders when it comes to taking photos:
The ghostly/pasty look noticed after snapping some certain pictures especially with a camera flash is from light-reflecting ingredients in foundations. As long as your foundations Do not contain any high amounts of any oxides (iron oxide, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide AKA sunscreen), you should be fine. Makeup Forever is known to be photo-friendly. Also make sure to avoid these ingredients not only in your foundation, but your powder, moisturizer, and primer as well.
SHOP FOR THESE PRODUCTS HERE ON AMAZON
BLACK OPAL TRUE COLOR LIQUID FOUNDATION $9.00 (N1500)
COVERGIRL QUEEN COLLECTION LIQUID MAKE UP FOUNDATION $8.55 (N1500)
MAKE UP FOREVER HD INVISIBLE COVER FOUNDATION $45.00 (N7500)
URBAN DECAY NAKED SKIN WEIGHTLESS ULTRA DEFINITION LIQUID MAKE UP $47.00 (N8000)
MAC COSMETICS STUDIO FIX FLUID SPF 15 $40.00 (N6600)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS DELIVERED TO YOU IN NIGERIA AT THE BEST PRICES? CONTACT ME
- How To Apply Foundation On Dark Skin (poshlooks.wordpress.com)
- Choosing the right foundation (ysaibdaisy.wordpress.com)
- My very own customized foundation (itsangelaalice.wordpress.com)
- The Mythology of Skin Care for Latinas (laserloungeblog.wordpress.com)
- The Easy Guide to Choosing the Right Foundation (nakedbeautyblog.wordpress.com)
- By Bobbi Brown- 10 Step to Beauty (beautyandfashiondubai.wordpress.com)
- Perfect Skin (permanentmakeupjoanna.wordpress.com)
- Discovering Your True Undertone…. (victorialovesbeauty.me)
- Secret to a perfect foundation! (shaunalouise27.wordpress.com)
- Mini Drugstore Haul (Blogust Day 4) (lifelaughslipstick.wordpress.com)