Yes! Today I will be counting down and predicting the 5 latest trends from spring-summer of 2013. Yeah yeah, I know I live in the tropical climates where it’s summer all year-long, but where is the fun in that?! These are just some spring trends I am totally obsessed with this period and you do not have to agree with me on everything (please do) lol.
Here We Go:
1. STRIPES-ON-STRIPES: I am really not a huge fan of colour and it gets kind of monotonous sometimes but with this trend, you can switch up your look without feeling like a fool with basic black and white stripes or even wear colour that is not over-kill with these kind of patterns because they just pretty much balance you out.
2. MIDI SKIRTS: These are fabulous as they take you back to the vintage era while keeping it modern and fresh. Midi Skirts are quite tricky to pull off by the designers because these skirts have to be accurately cut at exact lenghts, but if executed properly; absolute perfection.
3. PRINTS: These amazing patterns are rocked by African women all year round and the reason is not far-fetched, they are simply aaaaamaaaazing!!! Switch up your style with prints and show a fresh new side to your fabulousness. Still not sure about rocking the print look from head to toe? Try print accessories like chic print bangles, shoes or bags.
3. LIQUID EYELINER: My spring make-up absolute must-have. This versatile make-up is just amazing this season. It comes in various types, so pick that which you are really able to work with for the look you wish. For a more fresh-faced look, refrain from lining below your eyes and just stick to lining your upper-lash line. You will thank me. ( I use Kiko Eyeliner, if you care. lol)
5. BOLD LIPS: A bold lip says a thousand words. You can go from drab, all alone at home to fab, ready for a night out with just a swipe of your favourite bold lipstick or lip gloss (I prefer lipstick, don’t ask why *wink*). not saying you shold hop on the ‘blue’ lipstick bandwagon, that’s just a little too out there if you know what I mean.
NAIL ART: This is possibly the best invention since nail polish. Absolutely stunning creations. Every girly girl needs to try this out. Express yourself!
….. And it’s a wrap. I hope you enjoyed reading my absolute spring beauty crushes, would certainly love to hear yours.
Stay Organically Beautiful,
- TheBeautyPlace.com Features New Spring Beauty Trends in Makeup, Hair, and Nails (prweb.com)
- Jessica’s Beauty Steal :: 3 Perfect Pink Lipsticks For Spring (jessicasimien.com)
- Spring Beauty Must Haves (habilimentblog.com)
- Spring 2013 beauty trend: hot pink makeup (ruhamamag.com)
- Ultra Fragrances’ Spring 2013 Beauty Must-Haves (prweb.com)
- Must Have’s for Spring: (butweareyoung.wordpress.com)
- Beauty Alert: 5 Spring Beauty Trends for your Tweens (fashionplaytes.com)